– A complete video-course for Tidal Sailing in 6 parts uploaded, introducing the new Reginasailing tidal template gathering all tidal calculations on one single A4 page. The videos are completely free, just like the celestial videos. For the complete Yachtmaster theory course, join in classroom next January where you learn this and much, much more in the renown Reginasailing Style!
– Reginasailing templates are now available for purchase from renown Sextant Manufacturer Cassens&Plath here.
– Short 1.30 min video on dinghy sailing while at anchor between charter legs in the Azores on Video Page
– The story of Michel Leuenberger beginning with reading The Missing Centimeter/Sabbatical auf See published on Crew’s Log Page (in German)
– The story of Tom Kaiser beginning with reading The Missing Centimeter/Sabbatical auf See published on Crew’s Log Page (in German)
– New co-operation between renown sextant manufacturer Cassens&Plath and Reginasailing has been announced, whereby the Reginasailing templates are to be published by Cassens&Plath and soon be available in their Web-shop.
– Loads of new Reviews from guests staying in my Malta-Apartment while I’m away sailing.
– Holiday Renting of my apartment is now handled by Lorna Grech, one of the prime real estate professionals of Malta!
– Completely newly compiled free celestial quick-course to celestial navigation added on celestial video course page
– Videos have now become so many, so they have been sorted into various categories on the Video page.
– Crew’s Log updated with some photos of Reginasailing family meeting up in Farsund, Norway and in the Frankfurt area, Germany.
– Loads of new photos uploaded on Voyoa including the recent crossing from Spain to the Azores.
– New video in Leon’s Celestial Course added: Part 18, Sun-Run-Sun explained on the way to the Azores. Added on Video page
– New video under cruising impressions: Sailing to the Azores using celestial navigation Added on Video page
– 28 new Reviews of my apartment I rent in Malta for Holidays added
– Newest article on one of my my favourite cruising grounds now published in German YACHT issue 10-2023.
Read it online by YACHT, as a pdf here, or buy a print copy in your local store if you are not already a subscriber. In German only.
– Voyoa.com re-designed with little charts for each “Activity”/Sailing Leg
– Boat Safety page updated with photos from 2023 year’s MCA and RYA inspections. After the half-day RYA inspection yesterday, the assessment reads
“Admin: all updated.
Yacht: Nil Defects.
Just completed 5-yr Cat 1 coding inspection.
A well prepared yacht and equipment updated.
A very good inspection“.
The inspection was done by no one less than renown Roger Seymour, the author of best-selling Yachtmaster book “Yachtmaster for Sail and Power: A Manual for the RYA Yachtmaster® Certificates of Competence”
– Just left La Coruña on Leg 1-2023 to the Solent/UK. Follow us live while crossing the Bay of Biscay on Voyoa (track updated every 10 minutes via Satellite). Voyoa is so cool! The developer Matthias is a long-time guest and a Reginasailing Family Member and even onboard this very Leg 1 to test his own product onboard Regina Laska! Still in Beta-version and getting better every week!
– Full report on improvements, enhancements and refurbishments for 2023 on the Refit-Page.
– New videon on the hydrostatic release unit of a float free EPIRB on video page under “FAQ and How-To Videos”.
– The season has started, Regina Laska is (almost) ready for Leg 1-2023 starting on 13 April.
– First test sails with Gaby now on Voyoa, which has been completely revised: Now available both on reginasailing.com as well as on voyoa.com. Very well designed! Congratulations, aiticon to an excellent piece of work!
– Our Position Track Data “Travelmap” has changed its name to “Voyoa” and is soon reaching Beta-Testing stage. It has been completely redesigned, and further improvements will be done shortly after Leg 1-2023, when further real-time tests during sailing Leg 1 have been done.
– Refit Year 11 has been updated with more information about the new thrilling Voyoa tracking presentation. Scroll to the very bottom of the page.
– New video uploaded in Video-room introducing the new book at boot Düsseldorf 2023
– New testimonial on Crew’s Log page, by Christian Rudolph
– Some more details on Preparation and Pre-Course skills added on RYA Yachtmaster Offshore and RYA Yachtmaster Ocean theory pages.
– New testimonial on Crew’s Log page, by Christoph Gütersloh, Cassens&Plath GmbH
– New Yachtmaster Offshore and Yachtmaster Ocean Course announced for January and February 2024 with unchanged prices! Places are already getting booked, so if you are interested, please send us a mail early!
– New testimonial on Crew’s Log page after the Yachtmaster Ocean course.
– Finally coming to boot Düsseldorf after 2 years of pandemic! New featured talk will be on sailing in Galicia at the YACHT stand. See you at boot Düsseldorf! See here where and when.
– Thanks to changed Copyright rules of the German magazine YACHT, all articles are now published in full length on the “in the press” page.
– Due to the same fact four more articles have been published on the “in the press” page namely:
– New article on Lithium Batteries
– New article on my favourite anchorages and marinas on the west coast of Sweden
– New article on modern radar equipment
– New article on sailing in Ireland
All articles are unfortunately only available in German.
– 4 Webinars announced under the News page for the German yachting magazine YACHT. These will be held in German in November. Click on the links for more information on Webinars on Tidal Sailing, Radar Navigation, sailing in Scotland and sailing in Galicia and Portugal.
– New photos uploaded on TravelMap from Leg 5-2022 from Estepona/Malaga on our way to Portosin in Galicia.
– Loads of new photos uploaded on TravelMap from our private holiday sailing (between Leg 4 and 5) from Porto to Estepona/Malaga.
– New additional leg 11-2023 (from 1 – 7 October 2023) in Galicia added due to large interest for 2023 sailing.
– TravelMap + Garmin inReach = True! Regina Laska’s Position is now updated via satellite every 10th minute via inReach! If you also want your trips to be remembered and shared via inReach Mini (costing no more than EUR 350) and presented on your own Travelmap with your own photos and stories, contact me!
– New photos and approx rough positions added by hand (no sat-tracking) on TravelMap for Leg 4-2022.
N.B. From Leg 5-2022 onwards automatic satellite position reports will be available again after the transition from Inmarsat C to Garmin inReach.
– New video on the video page (at the very bottom as the latest addition to celestial navigation video series): How to receive and preserve an accurate time for celestial navigation
– Some book reviews for the new “Praxisguide Fahrtensegeln” posted on The Books Page.
– New video produced on the bottom of the video page: Check out how Maya and Aladino from Sailing Magic Carpet are setting light to their boat interior in co-operation with Båtsystem and Reginasailing!
– New testimonial by Kevin Kelly added under Crew’s Log
– Video page updated with information how to obtain my specially developed templates for celestial navigation. And don’t forget to join up on the blue-water ocean sailing course with celestial navigation in February 2023 if you are interested in celestial navigation!
– A new precision chronometer has been added on the 10th refit page at the very bottom, following my new Cassens&Plath sextant.
– TravelMap page revised with individual years going all the way back to 2018 with detailed satellite based position reporting published.
– New year 2022 launched on the TravelMap page. Let’s open up this year’s sailing season at Easter! First three position reports on the dock of Marina Coruna already uploaded including a photo!
– Loads of updated photos how it all turned out after my 10th refit winter at the Marina Coruna yard.
– Contents of the two Grab-Bags added on the Equipment Page.
– Reginasailing teaming up with Medical Support Offshore (MSOS) and investing heavily in new and widened medical equipment, stores and medicines, now fulfilling MSN1905 (instead of MSN1769). Now also comprising a fully automatic Defibrillator for my guests.
– Refit page 2021-22 updated with info on new complete fridge and new condenser for the freezer as well as pictures on new upholstery for the cockpit.
– Refit page 2021-22 updated with urgent info on a safety issue: The washer on the Mamba steering arm on the rudder! This info is also posted under Important Safety Issues. Check your own boat if you have the same issue!
– New video in the Video Room (at the very bottom) announcing a new co-operation between Reginasailing and renown youtubers Sailing Magic Carpet (120.000+ subscribers). Reginasailing is supporting Sailing Magic Carpet with advice on light design and Sweden-based Båtsystem is sponsoring the lights for this impressive refit-project of a classic Cape George 36.
– 7 more testimonials uploaded on the Holiday in Malta page.
– Hallberg-Rassy Cruising added to cater for the option of non-training holiday cruising
– Coastal & Offshore Sail Training completely revised
– Information about the next 6-days Yachtmaster theory course on 25 Feb – 2 Mar 2023 added
– New information about Coastal Sail Training, Offshore Sail Training and All Women Sailing added
– New information about your instructor and the Reginasailing values added
– Front Page re-arranged to highlight the core services of Coastal, Offshore and Ocean sail training.
– The Menu on top of each page re-arranged with drop-down menus to correspond with the new main arrangement of the page
– The Refit page for 2022 updated with information about a new anchor windlass plus photos of the polished hull and the new Spinlock clutches.
– Ocean Sail Training completely revised and with new information about the 5-days celestial theory course (now in a 5-Star instead of a 4-Star hotel in Malta) and added new practical celestial sail training courses.
– The story of the name Regina Laska updated with the Polish version.
– Merry Christmas! A new video on looking back to 2021 year’s cruising the Atlantic coast and islands posted on the Video-page.
– Pictures of the matt finish of the floor added and photo “before and after” for the bathroom floor on 2021/22 refit page (at the end).
– Varnishing of interior floors and polishing of bathroom floors added on 2021/22 refit page (at the end).
– Leon being interviewed by adventurer Timm Kruse (Podcast in German) uploaded on The Books page.
– Presentation of the new book “Praxisguide Fahrtensegeln” at Hansenautic with a description of the author.
– All remaining parts (Part 12-16) on Celestial Theory and Exercises added on the video-page
– Itinerary for 2022 published.
– Dates updated to 12-16 January 2022 for the Yachtmaster Ocean Theory course in Malta
– A new video on how to break open a seised Bowline, why not to use a Reef Knot to prolong a rope and how to use two Bowlines or the Hunter’s Bend as an alternative on the video-page under FAQ.
– TravelMap updated with a picture from Leg 5-2021, the crossing from Madeira to the Azores.
– Three short videos showing coastal and offshore planning with TimeZero and how to find best departure time and route when sailing offshore using 6 weather models at once using minimal satellite data with PredictWind on the video-page
– TravelMap updated with a picture of the crossing over to Porto Santo and some impressions on this sandy island just North-East of Madeira.
– Part 10 on Celestial Theory and Exercise for Part 10 (Twilight) added on the video-page
– Just a remainder: The TravelMap is updated on an hourly basis (position) and photos on a daily basis – mas o menos! Don’t miss the photos and caption what we experience and where we sail!
17 July – Two big announcements today!
– New book revealed to be published in October 2021: “Praxisguide Fahrtensegeln” in German by Delius Klasing Verlag
– TravelMap launched! Follow us to see current and past positions, thanks to continuous live satellite-updates with photos and comments
– Part 9 on Celestial Theory and Exercise for Part 9 (Transferred Position Line and The Plotting Sheet) added on the video-page
– Part 8 on Celestial Theory and two Exercises for Part 8 (sight reduction) added on the video-page
– Part 7 on Celestial Theory and Exercises for Part 7 (Declination&Noon Sight) added on the video-page
– Short 3min Video on Raster- and Vector-Charts on the video-page
– How to throw a lasso added on the video-page
– Part 6 on Celestial Theory and Exercises for Part 6 (Time-to-Arc) added on the video-page
– Itinerary for 2021 updated due to UK not allowing entry without quarantine. There is some movement on the bookings due to Covid, so if you are interested in joining, there might be a late cancellation for you to fill!
– Hands-on exercise for Part 5 added on the video-page
– Part 5 on Celestial Theory added on the video-page
– Added two more videos on the video-page (4th part of Celestial Theory and 8th part of Jessica&Leonie auf Törn).
– Added two more videos on the video-page (3rd part of Celestial Theory and 7th part of Jessica&Leonie auf Törn).
– Tidying up a bit on the video-page, adding the second part of celestial navigation plus the 6th part of Jessica&Leonie auf Törn.
– All women sail training Leg 3-2021 updated with more detailed text and photos. There might still be one berth 2021 available for this leg, by the way.
– A couple of more testimonials added by guests staying in my apartment in Malta.
– Amended Itinerary 2021, starting later in the year and crossing Bay of Biscay twice and then sailing south to the Atlantic Islands. There is still a place available on the all-women sail training leg 3-2021 in sunny Galicia in July!
– FAQ updated with a question about through-hulls and a scary video on an old “marine-grade brass” through-hull cut through with a knife.
– The Yachtmaster Ocean Theory course has a new date in April (due to Covid-19)
– The Anchor Plow added under Refit 2020-21 (at the end of the page)
– FAQ updated with checking the investigation of the tragic fire accident of de dive wessel Conception outside Santa Cruz in California against Regina Laska’s Fire Safety Management System.
– Testimonials added from first holiday guests in my apartment in Malta.
– Despite Covid-19, I managed to get Regina Laska inspected in July within the time frame. I had to have an inspector flown in on my expense from Mallorca this year due to Covid. As in previous years with other inspectors, I had no remarks on any safety issue.
– Equipment Page updated to reflect the newest equipment
– Fully refitted HR46 Blue Daisy (in 2014) now offered at an highly attractive price of EUR 380.000!
– Two more testimonials on the Crew’s Log Page.
– New video by Jessica & Leonie (in German) about Jessica remembering the days she arrived from the Azores some 13 years earlier. See Video Room.
– New video by Jessica & Leonie (in German) about Learning the tides the hard way in Castletownhend. See Video Room.
– Two private videos from “Jessica & Leonie auf Törn” uploaded in the Video Room a bit further down on the page (in German)
– All legs for 2020 are now postponed to 2021 due to Covid-19, with almost all participants having approved to the move.
– 2020 will (hopefully) still allow for some great sailing, exploring the beautiful Rías of Galicia in Spain. If you are flexible and interested in possibly joining on a Galicia sailing leg in late August or September, you are welcome to contact me.
– Itinerary for 2020/21 uploaded, also featuring previous years at the bottom.
– Reginasailing now offering Day-Skipper and Coastal Skipper online courses together with Skippers Online with special Covid-19 price.
– New dates for Reginasailing Yachtmaster Ocean incl Celestial Navigation for 2021 announced.
– 30 tutorial celestial videos (almost 10 hours) offered when booking the Yachtmaster Ocean course, so you will never forget how to do celestial navigation.
– To ensure the highest standards on hygiene and food safety onboard, I have taken the “Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Catering certificate” meeting the EU Standards for Food Hygiene and Safety rules, which is listed on the MCA Certification Page.
– New for 2020: Guests may rent my private home in Malta, while I’m out sailing during summer months.
– Photo of the Reginasailing Friendship dinner at the boot Düsseldorf show added on Crew’s Log page.
– Hurtigruten entering Bodø/Norway in +60 knots wind added in video-room (at bottom under “Videos by others”).
– Link to itinerary 2020 for HR43 I Dolci added.
– HR43 for sale updated with newest refit. Owner (now in the Caribbean) is continuing to NewZealand, where he finally (?) plans to sell his beloved HR43.
– Talks updated on boot Düsseldorf page with the complete range of talks at the YACHT-Stand in Hall 16.
– Finally the itinerary for 2020 has been published. The legs have been sold out since months, but don’t hesitate to contact me in case something opens up nevertheless or, obviously, for 2021!
– Article in YACHT No 18-2019 by editor-in-chief Jochen Rieker about Reginasailing, the RYA and German certificates added on in The Press page.
– FAQ added with information about WET.PROTECT which I have been using for 10 year now.
– Events page updated with talks on Hamburg Boat Show later this month
– Starting page now with video at the top, sailing in the Irish Sea.
– Dates for the RYA Yachtmaster Ocean published on Ocean Page,namely 23-27 March 2020.
– Four new RYA Yachtmasters added on Hall of Yachtmasters page
– Adding two patches onto my RIB added under Frequently Asked Questions
– Some recent photos of Blue Daisy added on the Blue Daisy for sale page.
– A new Dräger PARAT 5520 fire gas mask added under Refit year 7 and on Equipment list.
– Two articles from YACHT No 7-2019 added on In the Press page. One article about brushing up your navigational skills and the other one about tips when sailing as a couple. Both in German.
– Anna and Achim Helmenstein story from 2018 uploaded on the Crew’s Log page.
– Christoph Lussi’s story added on the Crew’s Log page.
– Article in YACHT on Fire Safety onboard if you have Lithium batteries onboard uploaded (in German).
– Reginasailing Friendship meeting at second boot Düsseldorf Saturday night, 25 January 2020 added on News&Event Page
– Refit year 7 updated with a brand new type of fire-extinguisher containing the new fire fighting medium AVD for Lithium fires.
– An article (not written by me) in Yacht No 8-2019 features Reginasailing as a way to learn sailing in the “golden age”, i.e. over 50. Uploaded on In The Press page.
– The Safety Policy page updated with photos of the two reports of my 2019 inspections by RYA and MCA:
The RYA says: “Overall very good administration throughout. Very good inspection. One of the best equipped yachts I have seen. Nil defects“.
The MCA says: “Nil defects or shortcoming.”
It’s hard work, but Regina Laska and the safety and comfort offered for my guests is paramount for Reginasailing!
– Three new proud Yachtmasters added on Hall of Yachtmasters page, including a photo of the track they did with Regina Laska after they had passed their exams.
– Testimonials-page renamed to “Crew’s Log” to indicate that this is the crew’s own personal description of their legs onboard.
– Testimonial from Jenny Schulz added on Testimonial Page
– Testimonial from Simone and Markus added on Testimonial Page
– New Spa-like shower heads have been added to Refit year and the Living onboard page.
– New video on downwind sailing on Regina Laska added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– How to set the anchor alarm with the Furuno GP33 explained under FAQ
– Refit year 7 updated with a lot of new Furuno-stuff, e.g. a new SC33 combining GPS with GLONASS an Galileo as well as a new FI70 instrument series plus NMEA2000 updates.
– Testimonial from Arne Odden added on Testimonial Page
– Refit year 7 updated with many new photos of the outcome onboard Regina Laska
– Price of HR46 Blue Daisy now lowered to EUR 425,000.
– How to install running backstays on a sailing boat added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– How to replace the Hammar Hydrostatic Release Unit added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– Yachtmaster Theory Course in Malta updated with photos from 2019 and info re March 2020.
– Page on RYA Yachtmaster Ocean completely revised and updated for the 2020 course
– Page on Yachtmaster books and syllabus totally revised
– Båtsystem’s advertisement for Regina Laska’s onboard steam spa sauna added in the video room
– Refit Year 7 page added with photos of new washing machine, new 12V battery and leaking generator oil gasket. Adams Boat Care is working on Regina Laska to get ready for the new season!
– Leon picking up guests for crayfish party added in the Video Room.
– New rudder bearing added at the top of the Refit Year 7 page
– Reginasailing Sea Survival Training in cooperation with SailPartner updated with exact dates (8-10 Nov 2019) and price (same as in 2018: 495 EUR). This is a really good course for all, who understand German!
– Meet the Reginasailing Family at boot Düsseldorf each Day after 17:00 on Gotthardt’s stand D24 in Hall 11!
– Link to Tom Cunliffe’s Video Blogs in the Video Room
– New Video with Leon talking about Båtsystem’s new LED lamps at METS Trade Show, Amsterdam in Swedish
– 50 years of boot Düsseldorf by German YACHT added under The In The Press page (in German)
– Improvements for 2019 updated with a new Spectra Survivor 06 handheld watermaker
– Video Room added with a brand new video taken from 2018 sailing to The Shetlands
– Testimonial of Sandra Morsen added on Testimonial Page.
– Yachtmaster Ocean Gerd Scheurer added on the Hall of Yachtmasters page
– About the Boat fully re-designed
– Test-video by German Magazine YACHT comparing a classic HR with a modern design added on The Boat Page
– Reginasailing Safety Training page updated with info for 2019 and pictures and video from Nov 2018
– Advanced Medicine course for wilderness adventurers added, held in Glenmore Lodge, Scotland in Nov 2019
– Itinerary for 2019 added, starting in Sweden and ending in Galicia, Spain
– Capacity now doubled at the Safety Training Week-End in Bremerhaven on 9-11 November due to overwhelming interest.
If you are German speaking and interested in meeting up with the Reginasailing crew, come and join in at the ISAF Safety Training Week-End on 9-11 November in Bremerhaven! Don’t hesitate and meet up with some of the greatest crew of Regina Laska, plus myself. Whether you have sailed on Regina Laska before or not, doesn’t matter! It’s just a chance to have fun during a week-end. At the same time, you will lear a lot of essential safety stuff, which might become vital one day… Book your space by sending an e-mail and then let’s all meet up in Bremerhaven in November!
Earlier Latest Updates:
– Click here to see earlier latest updates