– All women sail training Leg 3-2021 updated with more detailed text and photos. There might still be one berth 2021 available for this leg, by the way.
– A couple of more testimonials added by guests staying in my apartment in Malta.
– Amended Itinerary 2021, starting later in the year and crossing Bay of Biscay twice and then sailing south to the Atlantic Islands. There is still a place available on the all-women sail training leg 3-2021 in sunny Galicia in July!
– FAQ updated with a question about through-hulls and a scary video on an old “marine-grade brass” through-hull cut through with a knife.
– The Yachtmaster Ocean Theory course has a new date in April (due to Covid-19)
– The Anchor Plow added under Refit 2020-21 (at the end of the page)
– FAQ updated with checking the investigation of the tragic fire accident of de dive wessel Conception outside Santa Cruz in California against Regina Laska’s Fire Safety Management System.
– Testimonials added from first holiday guests in my apartment in Malta.
– Despite Covid-19, I managed to get Regina Laska inspected in July within the time frame. I had to have an inspector flown in on my expense from Mallorca this year due to Covid. As in previous years with other inspectors, I had no remarks on any safety issue.
– Equipment Page updated to reflect the newest equipment
– Fully refitted HR46 Blue Daisy (in 2014) now offered at an highly attractive price of EUR 380.000!
– Two more testimonials on the Crew’s Log Page.
– New video by Jessica & Leonie (in German) about Jessica remembering the days she arrived from the Azores some 13 years earlier. See Video Room.
– New video by Jessica & Leonie (in German) about Learning the tides the hard way in Castletownhend. See Video Room.
– Two private videos from “Jessica & Leonie auf Törn” uploaded in the Video Room a bit further down on the page (in German)
– All legs for 2020 are now postponed to 2021 due to Covid-19, with almost all participants having approved to the move.
– 2020 will (hopefully) still allow for some great sailing, exploring the beautiful Rías of Galicia in Spain. If you are flexible and interested in possibly joining on a Galicia sailing leg in late August or September, you are welcome to contact me.
– Itinerary for 2020/21 uploaded, also featuring previous years at the bottom.
– Reginasailing now offering Day-Skipper and Coastal Skipper online courses together with Skippers Online with special Covid-19 price.
– New dates for Reginasailing Yachtmaster Ocean incl Celestial Navigation for 2021 announced.
– 30 tutorial celestial videos (almost 10 hours) offered when booking the Yachtmaster Ocean course, so you will never forget how to do celestial navigation.
– To ensure the highest standards on hygiene and food safety onboard, I have taken the “Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Catering certificate” meeting the EU Standards for Food Hygiene and Safety rules, which is listed on the MCA Certification Page.
– New for 2020: Guests may rent my private home in Malta, while I’m out sailing during summer months.
– Photo of the Reginasailing Friendship dinner at the boot Düsseldorf show added on Crew’s Log page.
– Hurtigruten entering Bodø/Norway in +60 knots wind added in video-room (at bottom under “Videos by others”).
– Link to itinerary 2020 for HR43 I Dolci added.
– HR43 for sale updated with newest refit. Owner (now in the Caribbean) is continuing to NewZealand, where he finally (?) plans to sell his beloved HR43.
– Talks updated on boot Düsseldorf page with the complete range of talks at the YACHT-Stand in Hall 16.
– Finally the itinerary for 2020 has been published. The legs have been sold out since months, but don’t hesitate to contact me in case something opens up nevertheless or, obviously, for 2021!
– Article in YACHT No 18-2019 by editor-in-chief Jochen Rieker about Reginasailing, the RYA and German certificates added on in The Press page.
– FAQ added with information about WET.PROTECT which I have been using for 10 year now.
– Events page updated with talks on Hamburg Boat Show later this month
– Starting page now with video at the top, sailing in the Irish Sea.
– Dates for the RYA Yachtmaster Ocean published on Ocean Page,namely 23-27 March 2020.
– Four new RYA Yachtmasters added on Hall of Yachtmasters page
– Adding two patches onto my RIB added under Frequently Asked Questions
– Some recent photos of Blue Daisy added on the Blue Daisy for sale page.
– A new Dräger PARAT 5520 fire gas mask added under Refit year 7 and on Equipment list.
– Two articles from YACHT No 7-2019 added on In the Press page. One article about brushing up your navigational skills and the other one about tips when sailing as a couple. Both in German.
– Anna and Achim Helmenstein story from 2018 uploaded on the Crew’s Log page.
– Christoph Lussi’s story added on the Crew’s Log page.
– Article in YACHT on Fire Safety onboard if you have Lithium batteries onboard uploaded (in German).
– Reginasailing Friendship meeting at second boot Düsseldorf Saturday night, 25 January 2020 added on News&Event Page
– Refit year 7 updated with a brand new type of fire-extinguisher containing the new fire fighting medium AVD for Lithium fires.
– An article (not written by me) in Yacht No 8-2019 features Reginasailing as a way to learn sailing in the “golden age”, i.e. over 50. Uploaded on In The Press page.
– The Safety Policy page updated with photos of the two reports of my 2019 inspections by RYA and MCA:
The RYA says: “Overall very good administration throughout. Very good inspection. One of the best equipped yachts I have seen. Nil defects“.
The MCA says: “Nil defects or shortcoming.”
It’s hard work, but Regina Laska and the safety and comfort offered for my guests is paramount for Reginasailing!
– Three new proud Yachtmasters added on Hall of Yachtmasters page, including a photo of the track they did with Regina Laska after they had passed their exams.
– Testimonials-page renamed to “Crew’s Log” to indicate that this is the crew’s own personal description of their legs onboard.
– Testimonial from Jenny Schulz added on Testimonial Page
– Testimonial from Simone and Markus added on Testimonial Page
– New Spa-like shower heads have been added to Refit year and the Living onboard page.
– New video on downwind sailing on Regina Laska added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– How to set the anchor alarm with the Furuno GP33 explained under FAQ
– Refit year 7 updated with a lot of new Furuno-stuff, e.g. a new SC33 combining GPS with GLONASS an Galileo as well as a new FI70 instrument series plus NMEA2000 updates.
– Testimonial from Arne Odden added on Testimonial Page
– Refit year 7 updated with many new photos of the outcome onboard Regina Laska
– Price of HR46 Blue Daisy now lowered to EUR 425,000.
– How to install running backstays on a sailing boat added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– How to replace the Hammar Hydrostatic Release Unit added as a videoblog under Frequently Asked Questions
– Yachtmaster Theory Course in Malta updated with photos from 2019 and info re March 2020.
– Page on RYA Yachtmaster Ocean completely revised and updated for the 2020 course
– Page on Yachtmaster books and syllabus totally revised
– Båtsystem’s advertisement for Regina Laska’s onboard steam spa sauna added in the video room
– Refit Year 7 page added with photos of new washing machine, new 12V battery and leaking generator oil gasket. Adams Boat Care is working on Regina Laska to get ready for the new season!
– Leon picking up guests for crayfish party added in the Video Room.
– New rudder bearing added at the top of the Refit Year 7 page
– Reginasailing Sea Survival Training in cooperation with SailPartner updated with exact dates (8-10 Nov 2019) and price (same as in 2018: 495 EUR). This is a really good course for all, who understand German!
– Meet the Reginasailing Family at boot Düsseldorf each Day after 17:00 on Gotthardt’s stand D24 in Hall 11!
– Link to Tom Cunliffe’s Video Blogs in the Video Room
– New Video with Leon talking about Båtsystem’s new LED lamps at METS Trade Show, Amsterdam in Swedish
– 50 years of boot Düsseldorf by German YACHT added under The In The Press page (in German)
– Improvements for 2019 updated with a new Spectra Survivor 06 handheld watermaker
– Video Room added with a brand new video taken from 2018 sailing to The Shetlands
– Testimonial of Sandra Morsen added on Testimonial Page.
– Yachtmaster Ocean Gerd Scheurer added on the Hall of Yachtmasters page
– About the Boat fully re-designed
– Test-video by German Magazine YACHT comparing a classic HR with a modern design added on The Boat Page
– Reginasailing Safety Training page updated with info for 2019 and pictures and video from Nov 2018
– Advanced Medicine course for wilderness adventurers added, held in Glenmore Lodge, Scotland in Nov 2019
– Itinerary for 2019 added, starting in Sweden and ending in Galicia, Spain
– Capacity now doubled at the Safety Training Week-End in Bremerhaven on 9-11 November due to overwhelming interest.
If you are German speaking and interested in meeting up with the Reginasailing crew, come and join in at the ISAF Safety Training Week-End on 9-11 November in Bremerhaven! Don’t hesitate and meet up with some of the greatest crew of Regina Laska, plus myself. Whether you have sailed on Regina Laska before or not, doesn’t matter! It’s just a chance to have fun during a week-end. At the same time, you will lear a lot of essential safety stuff, which might become vital one day… Book your space by sending an e-mail and then let’s all meet up in Bremerhaven in November!
Earlier Latest Updates:
– Click here to see earlier latest updates